-[IFwsI]-
You need an account to view all sections/topics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

-[IFwsI]-
You need an account to view all sections/topics
-[IFwsI]-
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your countrys warhero(s)?

+4
alaa
gamu5
Mew~
Glixable
8 posters

Go down

Your countrys warhero(s)? Empty Your countrys warhero(s)?

Post by Glixable Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:24 pm

I was really interested about other countries warheros. I readed many articles and books about wars. I want to know who is your countrys warhero, why?

This guy impressed me and then i found out hes Finnish. This guy is true sniper, lol.

Possibly the least known sniper on this list, Simo Häyhä, nicknamed “White Death” is by far the most prolific and lethal sniper of all time. The Finn fought for the Finnish Army during the Finland-Soviet Union Winter War between 1939-1940. Of course, being named the Winter War, and being fought in northern Finland, the temperatures were anywhere from a brisk -4 Fahrenheit to an unbearably cold -40 Fahrenheit. And yet, Häyhä, dressed in white, snow colored camouflage, set out alone every day for nearly 100 days to kill members of the Red Army. And kill he did. Häyhä has a confirmed sniper kill total of 505 in less than 100 days! Furthermore, Simo Häyhä was old school and only ever employed a bolt-action rifle, without a scope as a sniper. In the context of warfare, and being a sniper, this was truly a remarkable feat. If one takes into account that Häyhä also employed a submachine gun during Red Army sieges, his confirmed kills total rises to 705. Simo Häyhä could very well have been the inspiration for all of the Vasily Zaytsev propaganda in Stalingrad, as the Russians actually did employ expert marksmen of their own to hunt and kill him, but to no avail. Häyhä was eventually shot in the face by a Russian soldier, thus taking him out of action, letting Soviet soldiers sleep a little better at night. The wound left Häyhä unconscious until the day peace was declared between Finland and the Soviet Union, and he went on to live until he was 96 years old, still by far the most prolific sniper in military history.

Hes wound in hes face:

Glixable
Site user
Site user

http://Troll.lol

Back to top Go down

Your countrys warhero(s)? Empty Re: Your countrys warhero(s)?

Post by Mew~ Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:38 pm

Lt. Surge
 Lt. Surge is known as The Lightning American. Apparently, he is or was an American soldier who fought in at least one war, during which Electric-type Pokémon saved his life. As a member of the army, Surge was a strict CO, and was rather cautious. He was a pilot as well, and used Electric-type Pokémon to power his planes, a practice that in at least one occasion saved his life. Also, Surge saved the life of one of the Trainers in his Gym who was in the army at the same time.
 A little paranoid, Lt. Surge installed a series of traps in the Gym. He takes a liking to Trainers with a lot of guts.
 Lt. Surge is an extremely large and muscular man, and seems to be the show's tallest human character. He is arrogant, loud, and crude, and refers to all Trainers as "babies" until they manage to defeat him. Lt. Surge generally looks down on unevolved Pokémon, preferring to evolve them as soon as possible, though he was proven wrong when Pikachu managed to defeat him. He also seems to be an extremely brutal battler, as nearly every Trainer that faced him ended up with their Pokémon seriously injured, including Ash's Pikachu on his first attempt, resulting in at least 17 Surge-related ER visits within a single month before Surge was defeated on the second attempt, including Pikachu.
 His Raichu shares many of his personality traits, also appearing to be rather tough. Lt. Surge's main weakness was that he evolved his Pikachu into a Raichu too quickly without taking the time to teach it speedy attacks. Even though he managed to defeat Ash and his Pikachu once with pure power, Pikachu was able to use speed-altering moves like Agility to get the best of Raichu and defeat it, making Lt. Surge the first Gym Leader Ash actually beats in battle and not just receiving the Gym Badge out of gratitude.
Lt. Surge wrote:"Hey, kid! What do you think you're doing here? You won't live long in combat! Not with your puny power! I tell you, kid, electric Pokémon saved me during the war! They zapped my enemies into paralysis! The same as I'll do to you!"

He has a picture of himself here:
Mew~
Mew~
Site user
Site user

Back to top Go down

Post by Glixable Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:05 am

Of course, no one can take this seriously.

Glixable
Site user
Site user

Back to top Go down

Post by gamu5 Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:33 am

Simo is a true legend dude. I can't think of any Bosnian heroes.Some remarked:
- Petar Tomić (Sacrificed his own life at Pearl Harbor to save other people's lives)
- Rodoljub Čolaković (Assassinated a fascist dude and got sentenced 12 years)
- Gavrilo Princip (This dude assassinated Franz Ferdinand and sparked World War I)
- Tvrtko I Kotromanic (First Bosnian king.He made Bosnia the strongest Balkan country at that time)
Other notable Bosnians:
- Zlatan Ibrahimović (lol yeah)
- me
gamu5
gamu5
Site user
Site user

Back to top Go down

Post by alaa Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:29 pm

Yasser Arafat
Yasser Arafat (4 or 24 August 1929 in
Jerusalem, Palestine or Cairo, died 11 November 2004) is best known as the first leader of the Palestinian people. He was Chairman of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) from 1969 to 2004. In 1993 he also became president of the Palestinian National Authority (PNA).

In 1994, Yasser Arafat was one of the three recipients of the Nobel Peace Prize. The others were Yitzhak Rabin and Shimon Peres. They got the prize for their peace efforts in the Middle East.

The views of him are somewhat divided. Some people see him as a hero, who fought for the cause of the Palestinian people. Others see him as a terrorist, who promoted the use of violence to reach his goals. Still other think he was a charismatic leader, but he made too many concessions to the Israeli government.

Yasser died in Paris. The next day he was buried at his compound in due to a hasty funeral in Ramallah on November 12, he was reburied on November 13, around 3:30 am. He was buried in a special casket, with the hope of being reburied in Jerusalem one day when Palestine becomes free and independent with Jerusalem as its capital
alaa
alaa
Site user
Site user

Back to top Go down

Post by yashukiller Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:05 pm

Narendra Modi , currently pm of India
yashukiller
yashukiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Dimi Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:09 pm

My country has a lot of heroes (not only war ones, but the ones who must get noticed by you):
- Burebista (82 BC - 44 BC): He was the first king of Dacians who united all Dacian tribes in a single state. He (and with his army) fought against Celts, Boii, Taurians, Eravisci, and, of course, he won. Suddenly, he was killed by some Dacian aristocrats whose weren't agreed with him.
- Decebal (87 AC - 106 AC): He was another Dacian king. He remade the Burebista's state and fought with the Romans. In 87 AC, he won against Romans whose were led by Domitian, but he lost the fights against them (in that period, Romans were led by Traian) in the First Dacian War (101-102 AC) and the Second Dacian War (105-106). Decebal killed himself because he didn't want to be captured by the Traian's soldiers. After this victory, Traian made at Rome a column named "Traian's column" which relates the story of these fights between Dacians and Romans.
- Iancu de Hunedoara (in English: John Hunyadi --> 1407 - 1456): He was the voivode of Transylvania (1441 - 1456), the Regni Gubernator (governor) of Hungary (1446 - 1452), a great military commander and the father of Matias (or Matei) Corvin (the king of Hungary between 1458 - 1490). He's known for his victory against the Ottomans led by Mohamed the Second at Belgrad because he stopped them to go to the center of Europe. Suddenly, he died in the same year, "killed" by the plague.
- Vlad Țepeș (in English: Vlad the Impaler --> 1431 - 1476): He was the voivode of Wallachia (in Romanian: Valahia or Țara Românească --> 1448; 1456 - 1462; 1476). He's known for impaling his enemies and the criminals from his voivodeship (that's the reason for his nickname: The Impaler). He stopped the Mohamed the Second's expedition against him (1462) by ambushing his army in a night. He died in 1476 killed by the aristocracy led by his rival, Laiota Basarab. Nobody knows where's his body situated because nobody found it till now. Bram Stocker was inspired to write his book "Dracula" by this voivode's life.
- Ștefan cel Mare (in English: Stephen the Great --> 1433 - 1504): He was the voivode of Moldavia (1457 - 1504). He fought against Ottomans, Poland, Hungary and won every time against them. At every place where he fought and won, he built a monastery. His monasteries are on the list of mondial patrimony places. His words are still said by Romanians: "Moldavia isn't mine, it's your descendants and your descendants followers.".
- Mihai Viteazul (in English: Michael the Brave --> 1558 - 1601): He was the voivode of Wallachia (1593 - 1601), of Transylvania (1599 - 1600) and of Moldavia (1600). He was the first one who tried to unite all Romanian principalities in a single Romanian state and he did it, but for a short period. He was murdered by the general Giorgio Basta.
And the list can continue....

Last edited by Dimi on Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Dimi
Dimi
Site user
Site user

Back to top Go down

Post by T i g r E * ~ Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:40 am

They are pretty old already, but remember that the spanish people conquered the whole world, so its obvius that there are a lot of heros from war, i will put this one.

If you're interested on see more spanish war heros, Click Here to see more Spanish war heros.

Ángel Sanz-Briz (1910–1980), "The Angel from Budapest", Basicly, in 1944 (WW2) he saved 5.000 lifes (hungarian jews) giving them Spanish nationality (He was polician). He won the award from Israel -> " Fair between Nations".
T i g r E * ~
T i g r E * ~
Site user
Site user

Back to top Go down

Post by alaa Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:57 pm

i feel something not good will happen here so close this topic plz :S
alaa
alaa
Site user
Site user

Back to top Go down

Post by Glixable Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:47 pm

Why? I loved to read these. And got very interesting information too. Thank you guys, i really enjoyed to read them.

Glixable
Site user
Site user

Back to top Go down

Post by gamu5 Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:35 pm

Glixable wrote:Why? I loved to read these. And got very interesting information too. Thank you guys, i really enjoy to read them.
yh,its interesting to read Very Happy

btw.
woah:
gamu5
gamu5
Site user
Site user

Back to top Go down

Post by Dimi Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:59 am

Glixable wrote:Thank you guys, i really enjoyed to read them.
Your welcome. I'm happy that I can share history information  about my country to people who are interested in them.
gamu5 wrote:At Medieval ages, Bosnia's biggest ally was Wallachia
I'm not surprised. In Medieval ages, the Romanian countries were the strongest from that zone against the Ottoman Empire, so everyone who had problems with Turks, "call" them in fight.
Btw, I found something interesting about my country:
Stereotypes about Romania:
Europe according to Romania:
Dimi
Dimi
Site user
Site user

Back to top Go down

Post by gamu5 Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:14 pm

btw. Dimi, I need to ask you something. Do you at Romania hate , despise or love Moldovians? I know that it was the Soviet part of Romania which Romania was forced to give.
gamu5
gamu5
Site user
Site user

Back to top Go down

Post by Dimi Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:56 am

gamu5 wrote:btw. Dimi, I need to ask you something. Do you at Romania hate , despise or love Moldovians? I know that it was the Soviet part of Romania which Romania was forced to give.
Oh, man, it's very complicated the relation between Romanians and Moldavians, but I can explain you what happened for real:
We call the Moldavian Republic, not like this, only Basarabia (in English: Bessarabia). Why? Bcz in Romania regions structure we have a lil part of "historical" Moldavia region.
Those 2 parts, with Transnistria too, were making the "real Moldavia" which was led by Stephen the Great and, of course, this proves they're Romanian regions.
In 1812, by the treaty between Russia and Ottoman Empire, signed at Bucharest, Bessarabia were going to Russia...till in 1856, after Russia lost the battle against Ottomans and France, it was forced to give Bessarabia back to Moldavia. In 1859, Moldavia and Wallachia chose the same leader (Alexandru I. Cuza) and the union happened (we call it the Little Union). In 1877, Russia started a battle against Ottoman Empire and Romania, led in that time by Carol I (the first king of Romania), started this battle together with Russia. Of course, Russia won the battle and Romania won the independence, but according to the treaty signed at Berlin in 1878, Romania was forced to give Bessarabia to Russia and Russia to give us Dobrogea (in English: Dobruja; another Romanian region). During the WW1, in 1917, after Lenin began the leader of Russia, the people from Bessarabia could decide how to do, so they decided to "come back to Mother Patria". This thing happened to the rest of Romanian regions which wasn't in the Romania structure. but wanted to be in it (I'm talking about Transylvania, Oltenia, Banat and Bukovina), so in 1 december 1918, all these region united with Romania and make the Big Romania.... till in 1939, when the Ribbentrop-Molotov treaty was signed and it had a secret clause which was relating that Bessarabia will go back to Russia.
Why do you think that Russia wants to have Bessarabia in his nation structure? Bcz it has a big production of wines and agriculture.
Bessarabia were a part of USSR till in 1991 when the USSR dissapeared and Bessarabia declared his indepedence under the name of Moldavia Republic. Of course, this country it's full of Romanians bcz Moldavians are Romanians, but in the same time are more Russians too and in this country, the communist party is still alive + it exist Transnistria, a lil part of Bessarabia which declared his autonomy, but it's controled by Soviet troop (like the Donetsk - Lugansk zone from Ukraine).
Over the years, starting with 1991, it happened manifestation in Moldavia and in Romania too about the union remake, but bcz, indirectly, Russia still controls Moldavia Republic, we can do nothing to take it back. In every wall from my country is still written: "Basarabia e Romania" (translated: " Bessarabia is Romania"). Maybe, one day, Big Romania will be remade again.
Back at your question: Yh, Romanians love Moldavians and they want them back.
Big Romania (between 1918 - 1939):
Romania and Moldavia Republic nowadays:
Dimi
Dimi
Site user
Site user

Back to top Go down

Post by Glixable Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:17 pm

Getting really interesting o.O

Glixable
Site user
Site user

Back to top Go down

Post by French Potato Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:03 pm

Yithak Rabin.

Like Lelu said, He was a part of the Oslo peace agreement.

He was murdered by Igal Amir.
Igal Amir is currently in the Israeli Jail.

Yithak Rabin was a great leader, He was the Israeli Goverment Leader Twice (In other countries, the president. In israel the President is more symbolic, as the Goverment Leader, idk how to say it, actually makes the Political decisions.) He was the Ramatcal, That means he was the Chief of the Staff of Israel.

He was indeed a great man.

Assasinated in 4 November, 1995.

Rest In Peace.
French Potato
French Potato
Site user
Site user

Back to top Go down

Post by alaa Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:40 pm

French Potato wrote:Yithak Rabin.

Like Lelu said, He was a part of the Oslo peace agreement.

He was murdered by Igal Amir.
Igal Amir is currently in the Israeli Jail.

Yithak Rabin was a great leader, He was the Israeli Goverment Leader Twice (In other countries, the president. In israel the President is more symbolic, as the Goverment Leader, idk how to say it, actually makes the Political decisions.) He was the Ramatcal, That means he was the Chief of the Staff of Israel.

He was indeed a great man.

Assasinated in 4 November, 1995.

Rest In Peace.

as i think i heard about him but still donno who assasinated him.
alaa
alaa
Site user
Site user

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum