-[IFwsI]-
You need an account to view all sections/topics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

-[IFwsI]-
You need an account to view all sections/topics
-[IFwsI]-
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Krh.map (map competition submisison) [accepted]

+8
Se7en
Apfelbrot
siN
EpicBaron
AhmedStrike
Mew~
Samael
piWi.
12 posters

Go down

map vote

Krh.map (map competition submisison) [accepted] I_vote_lcap100%Krh.map (map competition submisison) [accepted] I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 6 ]
Krh.map (map competition submisison) [accepted] I_vote_lcap0%Krh.map (map competition submisison) [accepted] I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

Krh.map (map competition submisison) [accepted] Empty Krh.map (map competition submisison) [accepted]

Post by Apfelbrot Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:24 pm

Greetings,

This is my entry for the doghouse mapmaking competition, Krh.
The playable area of the map is about 36x36 tiles, making it a tiny bit bigger than Scrap Land, moving from one corner of the map to the opposite takes around 9 or 10 seconds. Spawns and teams' starting boxes' locations are identical with Scrap Land as well.
space theme because reasons;

Pictures + download:

Mapexport:
T Base:
Bomb Spot A:
Bomb Spot B:

Download:

Final Update:
G'day

Last edited by Nighthawk on Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:09 pm; edited 9 times in total (Reason for editing : bug fixes)
Apfelbrot
Apfelbrot
Site user
Site user

Back to top Go down

Krh.map (map competition submisison) [accepted] Empty Re: Krh.map (map competition submisison) [accepted]

Post by piWi. Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:29 pm

It's looking great. Have you created the tileset on your own? I doubt, some tiles seem to be of the standard and metalno set nh? Also it's looking like you're able to fall down at the borders of the arena, nice idea.

A question, I would like to add also sounds in my current map project (de_carbitate), where do you take your sounds from? Is there any data base in the internet?

Last edited by piWi. on Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
piWi.
piWi.
Site user
Site user

http://unrealsoftware.de/profile.php?userid=144441

Back to top Go down

Krh.map (map competition submisison) [accepted] Empty Re: Krh.map (map competition submisison) [accepted]

Post by Samael Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:36 pm

Holy moly, that's great. Very good job Apfel.
Samael
Samael
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:45 pm

Not that many advantage points for shotguns/melee :/

Back to top Go down

Post by Apfelbrot Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:16 pm

Thanks guyses

@piWi: I basically created this map by altering Scrap Land, including the tileset. I kept the one I found useful and replaced the rest; some tiles are from Scrap Land's metalno tileset, some are selfmade, some are thrown together from all over the place, tbh I've lost overview there.
As far as sounds are concerned, I've simply used those I already had in my cs2d folder; no need to browse the web there I think, if you've been playing cs2d for a while, your sfx folder should be stuffed with useful sound files.

@HoOt_:
Spoiler:
I've tried to strategically place some cover (green stuff) along the 'shooting alleys' (red lines), to give players the ability to avoid long range fire effectively while moving across the map. If things play out as I anticipate, it will be possible to make some good use of shotguns. That said, I agree, there are no real advantage points for shotguns, and melee weapon users will probably suffer.
Apfelbrot
Apfelbrot
Site user
Site user

Back to top Go down

Post by yashukiller Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:01 pm

Man,that looks osum. It's gonna win if see maps till now but when u make it don't forget to add a map protection with it, nd if u provide the final link, please provide that directly to a admin cause I see our maps gets stolen very fast. Duck said his is going to make a script of his own for it.
yashukiller
yashukiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Mew~ Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:02 pm

wow looking real good. well done.
Mew~
Mew~
Site user
Site user

Back to top Go down

Post by Apfelbrot Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:21 pm

yashukiller wrote:[...] add a map protection with it, nd if u provide the final link, please provide that directly to a admin cause I see our maps gets stolen very fast.

The only map "protection" I'm capable of would be spamming weather to make the game crash when someone loads it up in the editor.. ._.
Also, isn't joining the server already enough to get the files anyway? scratch
Apfelbrot
Apfelbrot
Site user
Site user

Back to top Go down

Post by AhmedStrike Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:19 pm

Your map is awesome , Good job.
AhmedStrike
AhmedStrike
Site user
Site user

Back to top Go down

Post by piWi. Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:23 pm

Apfelbrot, I guess that Yashukiller meant to say that your concurents in this map contest might download the map and steal tiles and or ideas from your map. For me it's ridicolous because who does that has to be poor and it's easily watchable if they're such similar..
piWi.
piWi.
Site user
Site user

http://unrealsoftware.de/profile.php?userid=144441

Back to top Go down

Post by EpicBaron Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:24 pm

Nice job apfel!
EpicBaron
EpicBaron
Site user
Site user

Back to top Go down

Post by siN Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:33 pm

I don't like it, hatorz gonna hate
siN
siN
Site user
Site user

Back to top Go down

Post by Apfelbrot Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:50 pm

@piWi: tbh I wouldn't really mind if someone created something better out of the materials I've uesd there; and who would I be to claim copyright or whatever, after all I've taken most of the stuff from somewhere else as well. The ideas aren't really new either, it's not like we've never seen a space station before.. well
Apfelbrot
Apfelbrot
Site user
Site user

Back to top Go down

Post by Se7en Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:47 pm

Nice Very Happy
Se7en
Se7en
Site user
Site user

http://slowpoke101.forum.st/

Back to top Go down

Post by RuzzleFury Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:04 pm

Epic bro,but gotta make like 1 place so dem fegits can use shotguns well,like this shotgun is gonna be the most useless weapon here ._. .
Other than that,the map rocks,good job!
RuzzleFury
RuzzleFury
Site user
Site user

Back to top Go down

Post by Apfelbrot Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:59 pm

Thanks again for the comments everyone.

I've now made the last few changes to the map and updated it to the final version.
1) added a box that allows a safer approach to B-spot A for CTs at the start of the round
2) removed the blue lights of the two buttons around B-spot B, the following screenshots explains it further:
Spoiler:

hope this was clear enough.. if wasn't, please ask
Apfelbrot
Apfelbrot
Site user
Site user

Back to top Go down

Post by Mémories Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:33 pm

Waw, awesome.
Mémories
Mémories

Back to top Go down

Post by yashukiller Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:14 pm

Apfelbrot wrote:
yashukiller wrote:[...] add a map protection with it, nd if u provide the final link, please provide that directly to a admin cause I see our maps gets stolen very fast.

The only map "protection" I'm capable of would be spamming weather to make the game crash when someone loads it up in the editor.. ._.
Also, isn't joining the server already enough to get the files anyway? scratch
nope, there are some protection that load black map when someone tries to open it without the perfect lua with it so that different server owner can't steal it easily
yashukiller
yashukiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Nighthawk Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:09 pm

This map will be added to doghouse! Smile
Nighthawk
Nighthawk
-[IFwsI]- Co-Leader
-[IFwsI]- Co-Leader

http://bit.ly/irfandahir

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum